Best Beard Stubble Trimmer For Men
Welcome to my comprehensive guide on beard stubble trimmers. I know this is a product that the majority of you use on a daily or weekly basis.
It is obviously an important tool for us men to rely on when taking care of our beards and goatees, that choosing your own trimmer is a big deal and should be easy.
After all, the only thing that is worse than buying a faulty or ineffective product, is buying a faulty or ineffective product that you need every day!
Best Stubble Trimmer Table Comparison 2020
But what is the best way of choosing such a product? How do you pinpoint the key elements that are needed? Well, this normally requires a bit of time and effort on your part which can involve researching the top-rated options; locating and reading customer testimonials and reviews; and perhaps even asking your friends and family about their own experiences. The problem is that this process can be quite time consuming. But what can be done about it?
Well, this is where our comprehensive guide enters into the equation. One of the aims of this guide is to limit the aforementioned time and effort that is needed on your behalf. This is achieved in two ways: firstly, this guide will reveal and outline the key buying factors that are prevalent when it comes to beard stubble trimmers. Secondly, a quick review of the top seven products that are available in today’s market will be supplied.
Sounds good? Great, let’s get to it so!
Best Beard Stubble Trimmer Reviews For Men
1. Philips Norelco OneBlade
1000's of men have purchased this one and the reviews speak for itself. It's easy to handle and is man's ulti-tool for shaving and trimming!
The Norelco OneBlade hybrid trimmer is currently the best-selling model supplied by Philips, which says it all when you consider this brand is a heavyweight in this particular niche.
This device uses OneBlade technology and three unique cutting guards so as to allow the user to trim or edge their facial hair in an exact manner. The dual protection system incorporated into this product supplies a comfortable and effective cut for longer hair.
- 3 guards, 1mm, 3mm, 5mm (long hairs)
- Blades run at 200x per second
- Easy to hold and control
- 45 minute run-time
- 3 in 1 trimmer, edger & shaver
- The OneBlade system makes this clippers perfectly suited for shaping a beard
- Industry high 2 Year Warranty
- Skin will not be irritated as the blades of this trimmer have been positioned to avoid contact
- Features a contour flow design so the blades run smoothly over your face
- Water resistant which means it can be washed thoroughly under a tap
- Inefficient charge time, run-time ratio
- Blades have to be replaced every four months to maintain optimum levels
2. WONER Hair Clippers for Men Professional
Due to the modern ceramic and titanium blades employed, the WONDER Clippers gives a super effective trimming experience as well as ensuring the device stays in pristine condition for a maximum amount of time.
The trimmers comes with 4 length settings as well as 8 unique guards which results in plethora of differing cutting options.
Furthermore, an easy to use LED display makes this product very user friendly. This is enhanced by the 300 minutes of run-time supplied by the 200mAh Li-ion battery which means that you might only have to charge this trimmer once or twice a week.
There are added accessories that do come with it like cleaning oil, cleaning brush and a travel pouch.
- Cuts (1mm to 1.9mm)
- 8 different Guards (3mm, 6mm, 9mm, 12mm, 15mm)
- 300 minutes run-time
- fully charged after 2.5 hours
- Modern blade design
- Super easy to clean and maintain
- A multitude of trimming setting supply maximum adaptability
- Easy to see and use LED display
- Quick charge time which results in a whopping 300 minutes of run-time
- A full year warranty negates any financial risk on your part
- This is not the most powerful clippers on the market so it might not be suited for long beards. It works perfectly for short beards and stubble.
3. BESTBOMG Cordless Hair Clipper Kit
The BESTBOMG beard trimmer uses a silent motor to supply a precision cutting experience. Due to the titanium blade which features an antibacterial ceramic element, any trimming is even and clean and the blade itself will never overheat.
This stubble trimmer features a worldwide voltage adaptability and its 2000A lithium battery results in tonnes of run-time. The cleaning of this product is also super user friendly as the blade can be removed and reapplied in a smooth fashion.
The guards come in the following sizes 1/8”, 1/4”, 3/8”,1/2”, 5/8”, left and right ear, thinning trim and the adjustable settings are 1/32”, 1/23”, 1/18”, 1/16”, and 1/13”.
- 5 adjustable settings
- 8 separate guards
- 240 minutes run time
- fully charged in 3 hours
- anti-corrosion titanium blade
- Blade is self-cleaning and anti-corrosive which means it will stay in pristine condition for longer
- Full set of cutting options gives plenty of choice
- Powerful battery results in 4 hours of cutting time
- Can be used without a cord or attached to a socket
- Very lightweight in design, coming in at only half a kg in weight
- Not suitable for long hair
4. Hatteker Cordless Hair Trimmer Pro Hair
he Hatteker clippers is a professional standard product that uses a self-sharpening blade apparatus to supply a thorough cutting experience. The motoring system, which is both powerful and durable, will result in this product lasting the test of time.
This trimming device can be charged via a USB port which it makes very accommodating. It is also 100% waterproof in its design which means it can be thoroughly washed.
- 0.5 mm to 2.5 mm
- 6 unique guard lengths - 3mm, 4-6mm, 7-9mm, 10-12mm, 16-18mm, and 22-24 mm
- 2.5 hours of run time
- Charger with USB connection
- ceramic titanium blade
- Professional Grade Standard
- 100% waterproof which makes it super easy to clean
- Super quick charge time
- Modern LCD screen which supplies battery percentage, so you are never caught wanting
- Multiple length variations
- Top quality blade design which provides a super slick trimming experience
- Run time is slightly less than some other options
- The closest shave supplied will leave stubble, so it is not suitable for a shadow shave
5. Philips Norelco Beard and Hair Trimmer 5100
Philips have improved upon their older Norelco 3500 model with the newer 5100 option which includes a Zoom Wheel mechanism. This addition ultimately makes it easier to switch in-between the 17 precise cutting lengths that are built into this device.
The innovative lift and trim technology is brought to life by the combination of stainless-steel blades and a hair lift comb. This duo results in a smooth cutting experience without the skin underneath being irritated.
- 17 length settings ranging from 1/64 inch (0.4mm) up to 1/2 inch (14mm)
- two supplied, one for short hair and one for long
- a lithium-ion battery supplies 70 minutes of use
- self-sharpening stainless-steel blades
- 1 hour to full charge
- Blades are made from high quality stainless steel
- 17 unique cutting settings are incorporated into this product
- It can be washed under a running tap
- Blades are double sharpened which makes for a more effective cut
- Comes with an excellent 2 Year Warranty Length
- The 70 minutes run-time is shorter than other models
- No accessories are included
- Perhaps too many needless increments in the cutting settings
6. Remington HC6550 Cordless Vacuum Haircut Kit
The Remington HC6550 incorporates a titanium coated blade and 11 comb attachments to give a thorough and wide-ranging trimming experience. Built into this product is also a Vacuum Bin which works to suck up cut hair as you trim.
This trimmer is suitable for cordless or corded use, with a lithium ion battery supplying up to 60 minutes of cordless run-time.
- titanium coated blades with ground edges
- 9 comb attachments supplied, ranging from 1.5mm to 25mm
- Vacuum Bin captures and stores trimmed hair for quick disposal
- 60 minutes of run-time
- 4 hours for full charge
- Full range of cutting options supplied via the 9 comb attachments
- Vacuum bag greatly helps with the cleaning process which can be a real negative aspect of hair trimming
- Titanium coated blades mean that even the thickest hair can be trimmed efficiently
- Tonnes of accessories included
- Excellent 2 Year Warranty
- Takes 4 hour to charge for a 60-minute runtime – this is not as time friendly as other available options
- Vacuum bin will only capture 70 – 80% of the trimmed hair
7. Philips Norelco MG7750/49 Multigroom 7000
The Philips Norelco Multigroom features 23 unique pieces as it aims to be the premier full-body trimming home kit. This trimmer uses the patented DualCut technology to deliver a precise and smooth trimming experience.
The super power lithium-ion battery delivers a whooping 5 hours of run-time which is far superior to the industry norm. Furthermore, the multitude of trimming guards that are supplied are reinforced in design which means they will not become distorted when in use.
- self-sharpening blades using the DualCut technology
- 14 trimming guards
- 5 hours of run-time
- Nose and ear trimming guard
- 2 body trimming guards
- DualCut technology results in blades that are self-sharpening which in turn means they will last for the maximum amount of time
- Full array of cutting guards which makes the trimming kit ideally suited for all parts of the body
- Guards: 14 trimming guards including a metal trimmer; foil shaver; detail metal trimmer; extra-wide trimmer; 9 trimming guards; and 2 stubble guards
- Top class warranty length
- The steel frame and rubber grips provide both support and reliability
- Reinforced trimming guards mean that they will last the test of time
- Eyebrow trimming guard
- Cleaning brush
- Storage bag
- Quite bulky when compared to other models
- Additional guards are currently not available for purchase
Beard Stubble Buying Factors
A key consideration when it comes time to buy your brand-new beard stubble trimmer is the power source and what it can deliver. In particular, you will want to check how long it takes for the device to fully charge, as well as how long it’s run-time will be. Ultimately, what you want is a product that takes a relatively small amount of time in which to charge and can then be used for a decent length of time.
Some inferior products take hours to charge and then only deliver an hour or so of run-time. This, of course, is not ideal, so it is important that you take this into account when you are weighing up the options. Also, take care to check the voltage and plug specifications – most options are universal in this regard, but it is always best to air on the side of caution.
The trick to understanding this aspect of a trimmer is to first figure out exactly what it is you will need it to accomplish. Are you looking for something that will quickly knock down your beard to stubble? Or perhaps something that you can use to shape and define your beard? Or maybe even you need a product that you can also use on other areas of your body?
All the top-rated stubble trimmers come with different lengths and trimming guards, with some specializing in certain areas yet being deficient in others. So, you will first need to pinpoint what it is you want from this product. Fortunately, nowadays, the top models are equipped with numerous cutting options and capabilities so there is plenty of scope in which to choose from.
This revolves around the power element of your trimmer. The majority of the top models can be used either corded or cordless. This means that they can be charged and then used without the charging cable for a period of time, or they can be used whilst plugged in and charging.
Possessing a clippers that has both options is definitely preferable as it means you will never be stuck. It is worth noting again though the importance of finding a product that has a good balance between the charge time and run time. It can be very frustrating owning a grooming implement that takes an entirety in which to charge.
This is one of the lesser concerns in my opinion, but yet it is still worth noting. Trimmers in general are usually pretty similar in terms of physical appearance; design; size; and weight. They usually tend to be quite light and compact devices, which is what you want to be looking for.
It is important though that you make sure to purchase a product that is both reliable and durable. As with every niche, there are clippers out there that are made from poor quality materials. These options will not last the test of time and will ultimately prove to be a waste of your money.
The dream package in terms of size and design is a stubble trimmer that is solid in its physical makeup; is lightweight rather than heavy; and that looks quite modern and fashionable. This is the magic trifecta when it comes to the physical side of things.
Again, this not a major consideration and should not really dictate which trimmer you buy. Though, in saying that, perhaps if you are stuck between two models, then you could weigh up the accessories as a deciding factor. But, in most cases, the accessories really are just addons that do not particularly affect the overall quality of the clippers.
Common accessories include scissors; travel pouches; cleaning oil; stands; cleaning brushes; tapering combs et cetera et cetera. All of these things are nice to have, but they really are not vital. The exception, I guess, would be the instruction manual. Such a manual is very handy as it will show you the best way to clean and take care of your trimmer. These manuals usually accompany all mechanical devices and I recommend that you give it a quick read.
This is simply with regards to whether or not it is safe to get the clippers in question wet. Why would this be important, I hear you ask? Well, potentially for two reasons. Firstly, some men like to do a spot of shaving in the shower when their skin is more receptacle. And secondly, probably the easiest way to wash a trimmer is to quickly run it under water flowing from a tap.
Therefore, if either of these reasons sound like something you would do, then it is understandably important that you purchase a trimmer that is water resistant. Clippers that are not water resistant will soon experience rusting of the blades amongst other problems.
Beard Stubble Trimmer Reviews Conclusion
There you have it, folks. That covers everything that you should be considering if you are looking to buy a new stubble trimmer. As you can see, there are quite a few different elements, some being more important than others, but all definitely worthy of pondering on your behalf.
Hopefully this buyer’s guide will have given you some ideas of how to go about selecting your own clippers. If you are looking for a starting point, then I would recommend that you consider the top options that I outlined in the above sections – these seven models are currently the best stubble trimmers available, proven not only by the fact that they are consistently selling, but also by the numerous positive customer reviews that can be found attached to them.
All the best and happy trimming!
You might find the following beard related articles interesting as well. A Beard Bib option to catch all the hair when you are trimming it. Read about our Beard Trimming Kit Reviews , the best beard brush, best beard oils, beard dyes to color your beard and beard growth vitamins.